Pages

WELCOME! Check out the latest in arts and entertainment---right here.
If it's hip and happening in Central Kansas, you'll see it here first.


Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lacee Schafer

UNTITLED
  Lacee Schafer
McPherson Public Library
McPherson, KS
© Lydia Lowe  6/09/2012

When I walked into the McPherson Public Library today to view the artist of the month, I took one look at the first painting and thought, "this reminds me of Errick Ferguson".  Then I read the artist bio and realized that this was Errick Ferguson's niece, Lacee Schafer.
I really like the limited use of bright color technique that both of these artist's use.  It just reaches out and grabs the viewer.  I'd love to see more of this type of work.
But Lacee has her own style, too.  Check out these photo's.  So without further ado:
Invocation
Serenity

Paper Flowers

For Our Freedom

Koi

Irrevocably Similar

Still Life

No comments: