Pages

WELCOME! Check out the latest in arts and entertainment---right here.
If it's hip and happening in Central Kansas, you'll see it here first.


Friday, March 30, 2012

Ida Stover-Eisenhower Memorial Quilt Show

QUILT SHOW
  Ida Stover-Eisenhower Memorial Quilt Show
Heritage Center
Abilene, KS
© Lydia Lowe  3/24/2012

Quilts from the quilt show across town.  Enjoy!
The pieces on this quilt were so tiny.  I loved this quilt, though, the work was extraordinary.



This was a quilt that featured the flowers from all 50 states.  If you want to make a quilt like this for yourself the patterns are listed on this website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/turkey_feathers/sets/72157623483203393/ All the patterns are there.  It's an incredible website.





Up to this point have you sensed a theme going on?  It's either embroidery or muslin background quilts with me.  I'm just kind of in that mind set right now.


This quilt takes me back to black and white with one color quilts.  The pink and the way that the ladies are dressed made me think of the 1950's  I really liked this quilt.  It's very retro!

I hope you enjoyed this little snippet of the quilt show.  I was more concerned with design and not so much overall quilts at this show.  Probably because there was so much embroidery.  This show will return along with the Abilene End of Trail Quilt Show in 2014.  It's terrific that both of these shows run at the same time.  It makes for quite a quilters weekend.





No comments: