Pages

WELCOME! Check out the latest in arts and entertainment---right here.
If it's hip and happening in Central Kansas, you'll see it here first.


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Errick Ferguson

UNTITLED
  Errick Ferguson
McPherson Public Library
McPherson, KS
© Lydia Lowe  3/03/2012

I happened across this show by accident.  I had an hour to fill and stopped by the library to see if there was anything going on, and came across this art show.  This show featured some really unique pieces.
The show seemed to me to be grouped into three separate categories, which shows a broad range of styles.

"Horse"
First there was this three part animal art.  Broad brushstrokes with thick paint which reminded me of many of the old masters.

"Deer Bedding"
"The Lion"
My favorite of this group was the lion.  I think because it seemed unexpected, very different from the other two.

"Whiskey"
Then there was the religious group.  With these three the artist appeared to be trying out different mediums.  Chalk or pastels for the first one and the other two appeared to be either pencil on canvas or pen of some sort on canvas.  I thought that these three pieces were exceptional.  It was hard to pick a favorite.  The artist definately shines with these three pieces.

"Ultimate Sacrifice"
"His Hands"
The next three pieces I'd have to say are all about color.  Big, bold, vibrant color.  Color that grabs you and won't let go.  Once again, hard to pick a favorite.  The detail in the expressions are amazing.

"Mary In Mourning"
"Pri-Mary"
"Lavendar Gaze"
I hope this artist continues to work on his art.  I could see his skill develping right before my eyes as I walked around this exhibit.   

No comments: