Pages

WELCOME! Check out the latest in arts and entertainment---right here.
If it's hip and happening in Central Kansas, you'll see it here first.


Friday, March 23, 2012

Claudine Corkins

QUILTS
 Claudine Corkins
Metropolitan Coffee
Hutchinson, KS
© Lydia Lowe  3/10/2012


I really enjoyed viewing these little quilts.  While I was at Metropolitan Coffee on Saturday, March 10, I was taking pictures of the quilts and before I got completely around to the other wall, someone had purchased one of the quilts.



Claudine's work will be featured at Metropolitan Coffee throughout the month of March.  Be sure and stop by and take a look at the quilts.  (Also, try their coffees and teas.  I especially like the Jungle Love flavored coffee.  It's delish!)


This sunflower quilt had to be one of my favorites.  I like sunflowers and I thought the use of embroidered sunflower blocks along with the fussy cut sunflower blocks was a unique design idea.  Also, the border fabric colors really made this quilt pop. 


 I was fascinated by this quilt and the one before it in the orange tones.  I'm not completely sure how Claudine created these.  But they really are eye catching.

No comments: