Pages

WELCOME! Check out the latest in arts and entertainment---right here.
If it's hip and happening in Central Kansas, you'll see it here first.


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tuesday, April 5

                                                     ALBERT GOLDBARTH
                                                    © Lydia Lowe  4/05/2011

     In preparation for the first poet of the poetry series, I checked out a couple of Goldbarth's poetry books at the library.  I perused them.  Then I went to the reading and had a chance to talk to the poet afterwards.  I'll have to say that everything about Goldbarth is consistent.
     As an aside to Goldbarth personally, before I get into my review, just because you drop the "F" bomb, a lot, that does not make you one of the hip cool kids.  It just means that you didn't know enough of the language to find the appropriate words to express yourself.  Also, throwing in "sex talk" just because you can when it has absolutely nothing to do with your poem, apparently you were going for some kind of shock value due to lack of content.
     That said, let me continue with my review.  There is an old adage that states "if you can't say something good about someone, don't say anything at all".  So with that in mind just let me say that with regard to the poetry books, the reading and the personal talk that I had with this poet, well. . . . . .
     If you get a chance to see and hear this poet at a reading, I would skip it. 

Next weeks poet:  Nedra Rogers

1 comment:

Yuni Murharjanti said...

I stopped by your blog. I leave a comment and become your followers. I hope you will be more enthusiastic. Forgive me if not every time can be commented here. I can only comment on things that I understand. The rest, I just watched. Best regards!.