Pages

WELCOME! Check out the latest in arts and entertainment---right here.
If it's hip and happening in Central Kansas, you'll see it here first.


Monday, March 28, 2011

Moreland & Arbuckle

Dustin Arbuckle-singer/harmonica
Aaron Moreland-variety of instruments
Brad Horner-drummer
I liked this for the special effects!

MORELAND & ARBUCKLE
© Lydia Lowe  3/25/2011


     Moreland & Arbuckle opened for Buddy Guy this past Thursday night at the Stiefel Theatre in Salina, KS.  I always enjoy hearing this group play.  These guys are very down home and just seem like the guys next door.  Their musical skills are solid.  Before I knew it my toes were tapping and my hands were clapping.  Of course, they played their hit "John Henry".  I'm not sure why this resonates with their fans, but a Moreland & Arbuckle show wouldn't be the same without that song.  They'll still be playing it for their fans 50 years from now.  I hope they're prepared!
     I'll have to say that I was a bit disappointed by one thing.  I've heard Moreland & Arbuckle play in Oakdale Park and a variety of other venues.  I'll have to say that their sound is heard best in an outdoor setting, a bar, a festival, somewhere big and bold.  They have a big sound and they need a big venue.But having said that, Moreland & Arbuckle did not disappoint.  The show was terrific!
      After their set, they took a break and autographed merchandise for everyone who had either bought or brought something for them to sign.  Moreland, Arbuckle and Brad Horner (their drummer) are all very personable and took time to sign whatever was put in front of them (and all three of them signed it), they looked every fan in the eye and took time to speak to everyone.  It was a memorable moment.  All three of them are a cut above the average band.  This group is definitely going places.
    
      


No comments: